Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pre-Xmas Work ...

The end of the year is approaching and I'm still trying to get some work done!

KILLING DADDY wraps its shoot on Friday. Since I'm just the writer, I wasn't able to go to Ontario and see what everything looks like, but word is that everyone is happy with how it's coming out. Lead actress Elizabeth Gillies keeps twittering about the experience and keeps commenting on how "crazy" the movie is going to be, so I'm excited to see some footage.

On another Lifetime Network note, it seems that I did a good enough job on this that they're ready to hire me to write another one. Still in the "thinking" stage on that one, but more later. Nevertheless, it's always good to line up more work!

Lots of CHEAP THRILLS stuff happening. Drafthouse Films just put out the new trailer on Yahoo Movies yesterday and we finally get some release dates - looks like it's hitting VOD on February 14th, 2014 with a limited theatrical run on March 21st. Here's the trailer:

It's an okay trailer, I guess. I think that it's a bit too long and that it doesn't quite capture the roller coaster ride that the movie really is - this paints it more as a thriller and I feel that there's more to the movie than that. But I understand that a movie like CHEAP THRILLS is difficult to market. The trailer is definitely better than the poster, which just went up on Entertainment Weekly:

I'm up in San Francisco shooting more DEVIL DOLL stuff, but my stay here happens to coincide with the CHEAP THRILLS screening at San Fran's ANOTHER HOLE IN THE HEAD Film Festival. A bunch of the cast and crew of DEVIL DOLL will be attending the screening on Wednesday night. If they ask, I may even do a Q&A after the screening … which is actually a rarity for me - I've pretty much eschewed interviews and whatnot for the last few years. So if you're in the San Francisco area the day after tomorrow, come by and say hello, whydon'tcha?

CHEAP THRILLS at Another Hole in the Head Film Festival

Guess that's it for the time being. More updates before the end of the year!

-T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Haaga, I was too lily-livered to say hello the other night, but it was very cool to see you at the CHEAP THRILLS screening in SF. The movie is fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed it (I love any movie that can make me gasp, flinch, and laugh all at the same time; which pretty much sums up why I'm such a big fan of your work.)

I can't wait for all the Trent Haaga goodies to come in 2014! Happy New Year, Sir!

Best Wishes,

Anonymous (aka Amanda)

Trent Haaga said...

Dangit, Anonymous Amanda, I said in the post "come by and say hello, whydontcha?" That should have been enough to quell any lily-livered-ness you may have had! :)

Seriously, though, thank you for supporting the movie and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it. I'll keep making em if you keep watching em!

- T